Friday, June 27, 2008

Neem Oil ... in review.

So, I've been majorly researching Neem Oil to use on the dogs as a repellant. DE is fabulous, and I'm really happy with it in the "killing" aspect of insect control. However, it doesn't repel, so the dogs are still having mosquitos, flies, etc. swarm them on walks. Plus, I worry that fleas might get on them and, even though they can't live in DE swamped fur, they will bite them and my doggies will be itchtastic. :(

Anyway, Neem Oil seemed like a good way to go so I had a friend pick up some for me. The good news is, this stuff really, really works! The bad news is, this stuff stiiiiiiiiiiiinks! It smells like coffee grounds that have been left sitting in the basket all day. And I like coffee! This, however, I do not like. So, I had to offset my concotion with a few other essential oils. My dogs now smell pretty AND are bug free. Rock on!

Here is the part where I put in a plug ... I am selling this concoction on Etsy, for anyone interested. (I know, I know, I plugged my Etsy on my other blog too but I'm shameless, dammit.) Its not hard to make but for those of you not interested in making it yourself, I will make it for you! I'm cool, right!? Yeah, you know I am.

There's a link to the left and here is the direct link as well:

http://eastjenn.etsy.com

Elli's got to have her picture on the product page because she was the only dog willing to hold still long enough to test the multiple "formulas" while I was fixing the scent issue. She gets a gold star. Or a gold cookie. Or something.

If you can think of other cool things I could make, fill me in! You don't even have to buy them. Just give me something fun to do because I like mixing up junk in my kitchen and submitting my dogs to product testing torture. Like baths. MWUAHAHAHAH!

No comments:

Big Paws Only Dog Forums