Sunday, May 18, 2008

If life hands you lemons, polish wood!

So, I have a problem. I am addicted to polishing wood. Elli also has a problem. She is addicted to licking Old English furniture polish off of furniture. This is bad because A) It makes my polish go away and B) I'm fairly sure dogs do not need to be eating Old English.

Anyway, I decided to make my own wood polish yesterday. I wanted to use something natural ... not just so Elli could eat it but because I'm trying really hard to remove all of the nasty chemical cleaners from my house. The wood polish was one of the last to go. So, I mixed up some olive oil and lemon essential oil.

It worked fabulously! Unfortunately, Elli seems to think it is even better for snacking than Old English. While its not nearly as bad for her, I would still like to have conditioned wood, dammit!

Oh well. At least her fur while be soft and shiny. And her breath is lemony fresh!

No comments:

Big Paws Only Dog Forums